Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Try Something New with Splatters


This is the fourth day of my personal "Previously Uninked" Challenge so I've used a stamp set I've had a while, but have never used before. It is also Tuesday, which means I tried something new on this card. Every Tuesday I try to do that. Sometimes I think it was a success story; other times, not so much. LOL!

For the most part I like how this one turned out...


Day 4 of my personal challenge
Stamps (Previously Uninked) Tonic Bunched Bouquet
& My Favorite Things Spring Tulips


You may be wondering what is "new". See the splatters. I saw a video where someone had taken the lid off of their colored misters and splattered them the card she was creating. I decided to give it a try. I actually used three different colors of misters - AMuse Studio Gold Dust and Marshmallow and Tulip Glitter Spray.

The mistake I made was I didn't realize I had so little control over those splatters went... so I didn't think to cover/mask the sentiment. And unfortunately a couple of splatters ended up on it. I blotted them immediately, so you can still read the sentiment, but here is a bit of discoloration/sharpness on it.

Live and learn.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Images: Tonic Bunched Bouquet stamped with Altenew Inks (Blush, Crimson, Evergreen, Forest Glades, and Velvet)

Sentiment: MFT Spring Tulips stamped with Gina K Black Onyx

Sprays: AMuse Studio (Gold Dust & Marshmallow) and Tulip Glitter Spray

Card Stock: Stampin' UP! Blushing Bride and Wild Wasabi and Staples #110 Ivory

Embellishment: Recollections Rhinestones

3 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Jeanette, such a warm and soft and lovely card! Can it be my birthday! :)

Fabulous work - as always!

kiwimeskreations said...

A really pretty card Jeanette - love how you have used the flowers - and splatters are fun, if unpredictable :-) - a bit like me with sprays!!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I LOVE this, Jeanette!! I bet you will be using this set a lot now!! How could you resist???? Beautiful, beautiful card!