Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Magic and Wonder of Winter


I have a ton of embossing folders... and they seldom get used. So it is really kind of silly that I had to buy another one. But I did.

I was in the store and I saw one of the 3-D embossing folders by Sizzix... I'd heard about them, but hadn't seen one before. I just had to get it and try it out. I am so glad I did.



Look at the depth/detail of the 3-D effect:


I also used embossing (wet) for the sentiment.

And it's perfect for the theme of the new Craftahoics R Us Challenge...


December 13 - 19
Theme: Embossing

I hope you'll participate!


Here's the inside of my card:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp: Darcie's sentiment stamped with Versafine Ink and embossed with SU Black Embossing Powder

Papers: Recollections Black and White and SU Metallic Gold CS

Embossing Folder: Sizzix 3-D Winter Snowflakes Textured Impressions

Embellishments: Recollections Glitter Paint (I spread it all over the embossed piece and around the edges on the white CS inside the card) and Brads and Washi Tape from unknown vendors

5 comments:

Donna said...

Very pretty! That's a wonderful embossing folder.

Lynn McAuley said...

What an elegant beauty, Jeanette!! Stunning card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Jeanette this is stunning - love the contrast of the white with tad of black and the way it lets the embossing 'show off'
Blessings
Maxine

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Jeanette
Gr Karin

:: BlueInks :: said...

So funny. When I first glanced at the card before I read your post, I thought 'what a pretty embossing folder'! Well, pretty embossing folder!!!! Pretty card!